Tuesday 9 September 2014

Coping with Change | September Changes.



Although January is the beginning of a new year and is supposed to hold the most change, I think that September may just take over that role. September is the start of new beginnings for a lot of people, mainly young, as they start a new school, a new year, a new sixth form or even university. All of these things are really exciting but at the same time can be very daunting too; for example starting somewhere new and loosing friends as they go elsewhere on their own journeys.

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts"

I do believe in the fact that change is and can be good but sometimes it can be hard to see it as such because everything is so new and evolving. Two years ago I began my A-Levels at Sixth Form which did take adjusting to, however once I was in the swing of things and got into a routine I absolutely loved it! The change becomes normality after a little while. 

At the moment, what seems so strange to me is the fact that I'm staying at home whilst studying at university in comparison to friends who are flying the nest and moving a long distance away. Thankfully, I know that those I care about will remain friends despite this (you know who you are) and there are also a few that are sticking around - which makes me feel better. It seems scary but this huge change is so crucial to our futures and is what our years of hard work has been for.

I sometimes find change difficult, as do many others, but we just have to look at it in the best possible way, this isn't a bad change, it will test us and prepare us for the rest of our lives. For those going to university or anything similar, good luck - stick at it and everything will pan out just fine :-)

PS. I found this uber cheesy quote from Pinterest as always, which is the BEST for quotes and gathering inspiration, follow me if you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment