Sunday 17 May 2015

Looking Back, New-found Confidence and Radio 1's Academy.

I can already feel that this post is going to be somewhat cheesy but I'm getting back into the blogging spirit and a few experiences lately have made me 'look back'. For the past week I have been participating in the Radio 1 Academy as it came to Norwich ahead of the Big Weekend. This has seriously been such an amazing experience, especially for somebody such as myself who loves everything to do with media and the industry. 


The week involved Q&A's with the top BBC bosses, Radio 1 DJ's and internet stars, as well as various workshops to get stuck into. I have to say that sitting in front of Greg James whilst he broadcasts live on Radio 1 is a surreal experience which I was lucky enough to do twice! What I have learnt from this week however, is that I really need to grab every opportunity that I can and get enough experience as possible in order to succeed. It also showed me that no matter how many qualifications you have, experience is the key to doing well, as well as sheer determination and hard work! I have during the course of this week secured myself an interview with a local Radio station which is pretty exciting, as well as deciding to start working on the student radio Livewire in September. I just feel very excited for the future and inspiring events such as these really help you to see what you could be capable of if you just give yourself the chance.

I'm not sure what's changed or happened within the past six months that has increased my confidence so much. I guess starting university and being in the show Hairspray have definitely played a role, both challenging me - but in the best possible way! I may have finished uni for the year (already!) but I'm determined for this summer to be super productive and as much fun as possible, I'm happy and it's such a great feeling. I'm more determined than ever to do my best and prove people wrong who have doubted me before, yes I can do what I've set my sights on. It will take a lot of work, but I'm prepared to do that because for me, it's worth it.

I know that people are currently taking their GCSE's and believe me, I do not envy you one bit. The pressure and stress you're under at the moment sucks but if things don't go to plan, something even better will happen. I only passed one of my five GCSE's (English) yet I've somehow made it to University. These things are possible! 

It feels good to be writing again, I've re-arranged my blog a bit so I hope you like it, not quite up to the standards of Britain's best bloggers I'm sure - but it'll do. I would really appreciate some feedback on what people would like to read about so be sure to let me know if there's anything you want me to write about. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment