Sunday 3 August 2014

What Caught My Eye in July.

                           

It feels like such a long time ago since I last spoke about what things I've been loving recently, so I created this snazzy rhyming post to share with you. As well as some beauty products I have also included a few lifestyle type of items because not everyone is interested in what I use to fill my eyebrows in...

I'm going to start with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, I feel as if I'm incredibly late at giving this a go but I'm glad I finally decided to! In case you aren't already aware cleansing waters seemed to take the skincare world by storm a little while back with Bioderma being the biggest favourite for most. However, since then drugstore brands have produced their own at a much more affordable price. This bottle is 400ml and it's lasting incredibly well as I use it every day to remove my make-up, I feel like before taking my make-up off was a chore but now it is quick and easy with this. Definitely a future re-purchase!

As a kind of coinciding product, I have been using the Garnier Moisture Match Moisturiser for dull skin. I bought this at the same time as the cleanser as they were both on offer and for the price, I think it's a very nice moisturiser - especially for the summer months as it feels like more of a gel than a thick cream.

Next up is Barry M's Brow Kit: if you know me well then you will be aware of my frequent eyebrow dilemmas and this has helped me no end! The kit is £4.99 and consists of a brown wax, a cream eyeshadow that can be used as a highlight and a brown powder for filling in. 'Putting my eyebrows on' used to be a task that I despised in the morning as my brows are something that I have been self-conscious of in the past, but not any more. I also love the fact that the product comes with an applicator which I find extremely helpful and a pair of mini tweezers... what more could you want?

The last beauty item is a liquid lipstick from Loreal's Caresse range in the shade 'princess'. This has definitely been my most worn lip product of the month as it is so easy to apply and the colour is perfect for the beautiful weather the UK has been experiencing. It's a coral orange shade, but don't let that scare you off - it's very easy to pull off and I like it a lot! 

Now for something I have never spoken about - a candle! Basically, I work in a gift shop and we sell lots of Yankee Candles which are often on offer. This one in particular is a large jar in 'Margarita Time' and it smells absolutely divine. It has a zesty scent to it, with a hint of lime that is perfect for burning during the summer!

I came across this game in the top charts of the app store and thought there was no harm in downloading it, but I was however unsure it would live up to my previous love of Flappy Bird. Once I started playing this I literally couldn't stop and my family really enjoy it as well, the aim of the game is in the title and I can almost guarantee that you will become obsessed.
Last but not least is a song that I have been listening to a lot the past few weeks and that is 'Rude' by the band Magic. I had never heard of the group before this song was released but it's so catchy and quite a jolly tune to listen to, check it out!



That is it for my July Favourites, please let me know if you would like to see one next month and what sort of things I should include. Thank you for reading, I appreciate it very much. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment