Sunday 21 December 2014

Update: L i f e

Ok, so there is no denying that it has been a little while since I last posted on here. The only excuse I really have is, well, life I suppose! Long story short I finished my first semester at university on the 12th December and since then I've been working quite a bit, watching Christmas films and being mildly lazy... oops. But hey - it's a Sunday evening and as always there's nothing on TV so I thought what better way to spend my time than to write a blog post, it's a fairly productive past-time at least. 

I guess the one major thing for me recently has been university. I genuinely still doubt myself and can't always believe that I'm there if I'm honest - it's such a surreal experience! In my first piece of official work I got a 1st, which was remarkable and just wow. Especially because it was for my media module which is  my favourite subject and the one that I want to eventually pursue a career in. The other pieces haven't gone badly either and I'm awaiting to hear feedback on a couple of others, but it's Christmas which means we can shut off from that for a bit (a month in fact). 

Another thing that happened the other day was Presentation Evening at Sixth Form, where students go to collect their A-Level certificates and there are also other special awards too. I won't lie to you, it was really strange being surrounded by people that were around me for two years and for a moment it was like we were all back and still at Sixth Form... I do miss it quite a lot! It was a place that shaped the person I am today, as cheesy as that sounds, and the people there helped me along the way too. Anyway, I was super chuffed and a bit shocked to receive the Film and Media Award and even though it may be a small thing, it meant something to me. Especially since I put so much effort into the subject and went from getting a U to an A in one exam, the fact it came from one of my wonderful teachers was special too. I hope I'm doing the place proud! 

I should also probably mention that I'm still writing my column for the local newspaper which is something that I'm not sure I'll ever grow tired of doing! Whilst I'm still living in the area it made sense to carry on writing each week and it's also such great experience. I might start posting them on this page if they seem relevant... 


I think that's enough from me, what writing this has made me think about is persistence and determination - you can do whatever it is you want to achieve, it may take hard work but it will be worth it in the end.

Have a happy christmas! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment